B-GRADE NATURAL FINISH, VEG TAN TOOLING LEATHER
VARIOUS SIZES AVAILABLE – GREAT FOR PRACTICING CARVING, PYROGRAPHY, DYEING, STAINING TECHNIQUES ETC
1.8mm – 2mm Veg Tan = 4 oz – 5 oz
- FULL GRAIN: B-Grade full-grain English leather. Perfect for tooling, stamping and dyeing.
- VEGETABLE TANNED: Vegetable tanning, uses a naturally occurring chemical in plants known as tannins in order to cure and preserve the leather. Leather produced by veg tanning readily accepts dyes and stains and is easily tooled, stamped, carved etc.
- SUSTAINABLE: Our leather production comes as a byproduct of other industries, in particular beef and dairy farming.
- DURABLE: Soft, supple, breathable, flexible, and rugged all at once, it’s hard to beat for either everyday use or tough jobs. And, just like with its looks, these features only get better with age.
- AGES BEAUTIFULLY: Aged leather takes on a richer and deeper coloration and texture, making it one of the only materials that becomes more desirable the older it gets.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY: Vegetable tanning processes the hides in a pure and natural way without using any harmful chemicals. This traditional, artisanal process takes advantage of the tannic acids naturally found in some plants, by using the barks, branches, leaves or even some fruits.
Kingdom Leather Grades: B-Grade leather has less then 10% blemishes/marks per area and may contain brand/scar/pock/scratch/stretch marks.
In some parts of the world leather thickness is measured in ounces while in others it is measured in millimeters.
The following table shows the conversion between leather measured in ounces and that measured in millimeters:
|Ounce||MM||% Inch||Decimal Inch|
The worlds best vegetable tanned tooling leather!